3.28.2010

Breakfast at the Farmers Market



Breakfast is one of my favorite meals. When done right, there is really nothing better. I love a perfectly buttered and toasted piece of bread with fresh cheese and jam. I love crispy salty bacon with a nice chewy bite. I love oily flash fried potatoes with rosemary and garlic. But most of all I love pancakes.

Sunday mornings the Gastrobus parks at the Los Feliz farmer’s market for their Organic Sunday breakfasts. This truly is one of my favorite breakfasts in Los Angeles. A bold statement I know, but having had my fair share of breakfasts in my life as an Angelino I have to say the Sunday breakfast from the Gastrobus is always inspired. I have yet to be disappointed by their seasonal fresh menu.

Today we enjoy Raspberry Pancakes with Lemon Curd and Mint.

Fluffy, tart and fresh.


This was the perfect marriage of flavors.

This was springtime in a pancake.

9 comments:

  1. Those pancakes look absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mint in a pancake? Who would have thunk it?

    Not me, but it sounds supremely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dang. That looks so delicious! No trucks ever come to Pasadena. You're making me jealous, Nastassia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica- You can say that again!

    Diana- I thought the same thing, but the mint went so well with the other flavors!

    Cathy- I know they've got to come to the eastside more! But every Sunday in Los Feliz you should check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum! Is that a heart there on purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would gobble these in about 2 seconds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anna- i actually just noticed it is a heart i think that was a cute accident.

    Esi- I practically did they were so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man.... that looks GOOD

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is what I call breakfast! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin