1.25.2010

Things To Do In Denver Before You Die: Nomelie Cupcakes


I have a contagious passion for cake. On my recent visit to Denver, it was evident that R and his mom had caught my affliction. On our second day in this winter wonderland we discovered the cupcake shop of our dreams.

Tucked away in the sleepy town of Parker, just outside of Denver, is Nomelie Cupcakes. It is your quintessential cupcakery, pink and precious. Warm smells of sugar and sweetness greeted us along with vibrant and welcoming smiles from the staff.



Nomelie Cupcakes is a family owned bakery. They make their cupcakes on site in small batches baked fresh daily. They have a small rotating selection of cupcakes. On our visit they offered Vanilla Love, Chocolate Love, Coconut Dream, and Salty n’ Sweet. We got three of each!

Under a carapace of fluffy frosting, delicately sprinkled with translucent flakes of salt, lies the best cupcake I have ever had. A bold statement I know, but no doubt once you’ve enjoyed a Salty n’ Sweet cupcake from Nomelie Cupcakes you will agree. It might just be the best thing on earth!

The Salty n’ Sweet is a moist chocolate cake with salted caramel baked inside. The burnt sugar of the caramel is visible through tiny glistening caverns in the chocolate cake. The caramel creates a buttery, slightly sticky bite. It is prudently frosted with a caramel frosting that has an almost airy consistency. This cupcake from top to bottom is dessert heaven.

It is just sweet enough, without being tooth-achingly sweet. The salt is a perfect compliment to each bite. I have a penchant for caramel so this was the ideal cupcake for me. If I close my eyes I can still taste the rich filling, fluffy frosting, and chocolaty essence.



Nomelie Cupcakes
19751 E Main Street R5
Parker, CO 80138

** If you are planning a trip to Denver I suggest picking up an Eat/Shop guide, it is an invaluable resource. Or email me theletmeeatcake@gmail.com **



18 comments:

  1. They are so cute! Glad you enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, those look delicious! Especially the coconut ones. I could devour those right now but sadly I'm the whole way over in Pennsylvania. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so yummy looking. Do you think they deliver to Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I love sweet, salty, caramel confections too! I want. I want. I want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Maybe I'll take a look should I ever find myself in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda- The coconut were great, i'm usually a coconut girl but those caramel ones really stole my heart!


    Moogie- Give them a call and see, the owner is super friendly and I'm sure she will do her best to help you out! so worth even just the call!

    Dave- Definitely don't miss it...you could even plan a hike around that area since it is a bit outside of Denver, but not too far outside the city!

    Cathy- Seems like we have a lot in common :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cupcakes are too cute!! I am going to send your Denver posts to a coworker who is going there this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Esi- If your friend needs any other recommendation I have 2 more posts coming but they can always email me =)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could I have one right now? Ohh..let me book a flight...!! Cupcakes are my weakness. Bacon Boy had a birthday today and his "cake" was a cupcake. It was pretty good( I did not make it) but it did not look as fabulous as these in your blog post.
    Thank you
    SAUCY

    ReplyDelete
  10. nomelie is doing cupcakes for my wedding - could not be MORE excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That salty one has caught my eye. Yum! And they are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those look so good, isn't it fun to find great places like that?

    ReplyDelete
  13. These look so delicious!! I have such a weakness for cupcakes! I hope you brought back one of the Salty and Sweet cupcakes for me!! No? Ok, maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. so cute! Could you please send a few of those Chocolate Love over to me? :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I make a salty caramel chocolate cupcake that sometimes I top with salty peanuts. It's too good to make too often. But, I never thought of putting a caramel inside the cake. Now, I can see why you said heaven in every bite.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Salty caramel + chocolate? In a cupcake??!?! That is like my idea of heaven! Next time you go to Denver, take me with you!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin