11.19.2009

I Left My Heart In San Francisco!



I wish it were Saturday. I wish I were walking around the Ferry Building with Christina and Angela. I want to feel the cool Bay Area breeze. I want to hear the cacophony of the different people enjoying the farmer’s market behind the building. I want to see the bridge in the distance while eating my fresh Taylor pear. I miss San Francisco, but cliché, as it may be I miss Saturday morning in the Ferry Building the most.

There is something grand about the Ferry Building with its high ceilings and perfectly manicured stalls. There is something enthralling about Miette Patisserie and Blue Bottle Coffee the lay within its walls. It is an engrossing place the Ferry Building is. One could spend the morning lost in the riveting produce aisles, oyster bars and wine racks. The perfume of freshly baked bread and fresh wheels of cheese hugging each step through its halls.

Angela (Spinach Tiger), me, and Christina (HotPinkManolos)


tomato varieties I've never even seen before


bright peppers and eggplant


stunning purple pluots


a tangle of grapes


a bunch of blossoms


a sweet basket of baby corn


a treasure trove of jar filled jewels


a tasty treat for R


sweet, juicy, perfect


baked beignet bites



miette confection masterpieces




blue bottle coffee, there is no coffee like this!


It is no wonder so many before me have also fallen in love with San Francisco!



13 comments:

  1. Awwww....San Fran! Oh how I miss you so! What a great farmers market! And I have a love of the Ferry Buildling as well! Who is going to build a Ferry Building in LA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonja- I know! Why don't we all pool our money and build one for ourselves downtown. do you think everyone would be into this idea?! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's all go back! Like right now :) Haha, actually I will be up there next week, but it won't be the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! I also miss SF/Bay Area. I used to live there but now moved to NY. NY is an exciting place but my heart is still in SF :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my favorite place on earth. Every time we visit SF I make sure we have time to visit the market. It is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Esi- We should all plan another trip!

    Mausi- NY is a pretty awesome place too, but SF holds a special kind of love.

    Maria- It truly a wonderful place I never get tired of enjoying all of the food in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SF never gets boring. I love it there! I can never get there enough! Your pics are beautiful! I could live at the market....Happy travels!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the ferry building! Going to the farmers market there is one of my favorite things to do here on the weekend :) Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just re-visited SF for the 3rd time this season and have to say the Saturday morning market at Ferry market is quite pathetic compared to the Saturday SanMo as well as the Sunday Hollywood farmers market in terms of both selection, and well.. selection. There are very few spice/herb stands, there are almost no protein sources save some eggs. It's nice, but you can't eat only persimmons during December.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Sat. Market at the Ferry Building!!!....as someone who has lived in both N&SoCal and frequented many FM for pleasure and profession; that market is one of my favorites! Love your blog, great pics...funny, it doesn't look like you only ate persimmons during your trip ; )

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so nice meeting you last weekend as well! The crumble would be amazing with any fruit, so experiment and let me know what you think. I adore the Ferry Building too and it's a given that I'll visit at least once whenever I go home. I do think the Hollywood Farmers' Market is better as far as selection goes, but it's the entire feel of the Ferry Building market that draws me back time and time again. And it's by the water! If you're feeling the Blue Bottle urge before you return to SF, you can find it at Equator Books/Cafe on Abbot Kinney. They're one of two places down here that serve it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tony- Sorry your experience wasn't as pleasant as mine was. I really enjoyed the selection of the farmer's market behind the ferry building, i know the ferry building itself does have a limited selection.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin